The Augustana Chapel was founded January 2, 1906 by 19 charter members that brought their Lutheran Faith to Boise from Sweden. The chapel was dedicated in 1915 and in 1918 services were first given in English rather than Swedish. The Chapel was placed into the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. The late gothic style chapel was listed for historical significance of the Hummel-designed architecture and engineering.
Augustana Chapel, Immanuel Lutheran Boise, Ada County