The congregation of St. Paul’s Missionary Baptist Church first met in about 1909 in a small building in Boise’s commercial district. That same year, land south of Warm Springs Avenue was donated to church members, but the church wasn’t constructed until 1921. It is historically significant as one of three Idaho churches with a predominantly Black congregation. The other two were Bethal African Methodist Episcopal church in Boise and a Pocatello Baptist congregation. The congregation moved to a larger facility. The church building was moved from 124 Broadway Avenue to Julia Davis Park to be used as the Idaho Black History Museum.
Idaho Black History Museum
(St. Paul’s Baptist Church) Boise, Ada County