Mayor Thomas E. Logan’s house, built in 1865, is a rare survivor of Boise’s adobe period. Sun-dried brick, made on site, was used in many buildings in the first years of Boise’s existence. All but this one crumbled away or were torn down. Charles W. Slocum, owner of the pioneer mercantile firm of Crawford and Slocum, was the original owner of the building. Crawford bought the house from Slocum and subsequently sold it to Thomas E. Logan in 1868 for $2000. Logan established himself in the general merchandise business and was elected mayor of Boise four times during the 1870s. The Logan home was an important early social center and remained in the family until 1914. It was moved from its original located on Sixth Street between Grove and Main in 1970.
Idaho State Historical Museum,
The Logan House Boise, Ada County