The renovation of the Meridian One Room Schoolhouse was a living legacy project to commemorate the centennial of the city of Meridian. The school was constructed in 1920 by the Meridian Rural High School District and was used as a classroom until the mid-1930s. it is now located at the corner of Meridian and Pine Streets where it was used as an elementary classroom until 1959. It was restored to its 1920 appearance. Area schools use the building for heritage field trips.
Photos courtesy of: Doug Rutan