The Big Falls Inn at Mesa Falls was built sometime between 1907 and 1912 to capitalize on the tourist traffic around Yellowstone National Park. The rustic inn is a two-story log structure with a veranda, supported by pillars that run the length of the building. It was closed in the 1930s and reopened when the property owners, Targhee National Forest partnered with the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation, to renovate the building.
The Big Falls
(Upper Mesa Falls Lodge) Mesa Falls, Fremont County
Location: Scenic Highway 47 between Ashton and Island Park, W bank of Henrys Fork at Upper Mesa Falls in Targhee NF, Island Park