The Lemhi Grange was constructed in 1902-1903 as part of the Lemhi Boarding School, an operation of the Lemhi Agency and Reservation. It was used as girls dormitory and quarters for the female employees of the school. In 1905 the Lemhi Shoshoni were ordered to move to the Fort Hall Reservation. The actual relocation took place in 1907 and the school was closed. The building was purchased by Morris Wolfe, who used it as beer hall and roadhouse. The Lemhi Grange purchased the building in 1937.
Lemhi Community Grange/Old BIA School Girl’s Dormitory Lemhi, Lemhi County
Grant: 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006
Location: Near the intersection of Hwy 28 & Hayden Creek Road, Lemhi, Idaho 83465 View Google map