The Roxy, located on St. Anthony’s main street, was built in 1936 as a movie theater. It is now making the transition from movie theater to performing arts theater. Local volunteers have raised over $100,000 to renovate the building. The Trust grant helped with the marquee restoration. Movies were shown here from 1936 to 1966 when it was donated to the City of St. Anthony. The city continued to show films until 1981. The theater stood vacant until 1987 when the non-profit community group leased the building and continued the renovation.