Methodism in southeastern Idaho dates back to 1834 with the Rev. Jason Lee. A community of Methodists grew quickly in Idaho Falls and a white wooden church was built in 1895. Within a few decades the membership had grown large enough to build a new stone building in the Gothic and Tudor style. The building was dedicated in 1917 and is a prominent structure in downtown Idaho Falls.
Trinity United Methodist Church Idaho Falls, Bonneville County