The Tully Cabin is a “49er” style cabin located in the National Historic Register District of Custer, Idaho. It was constructed at Custer City in 1906. Tuff McGowan identified the name “Frank Tully Cabin” on the original plat when Custer City was turned over to the Forest Service in 1966. The “49er” style cabin could be considered the first “modular home.” Walls, roof and floor of the cabin were actually constructed offsite and hauled in. This kind of construction was typical in California during the Gold Rush and made its way to mining communities in other parts of the United States.
Frank Tully Cabin Custer, Custer County
Location: National Historic Register District of Custer, Idaho View Google map