The Carnegie Library is located in historic Pioneer Park overlooking downtown Lewiston in the Normal Hill historic neighborhood. The ladies of the Tsemenicum Club who wrote a letter to Andrew Carnegie requesting money to build a city library commissioned the library. The request was granted and the sum of $10,000 was donated towards the construction. The library was completed in 1904 and operated until 1999. The library was designed in a neo-classical style similar to many Carnegie Libraries. The library is owned by the City of Lewiston and used as a Children’s Montessori School.
Children’s House Montessori School (Carnegie Library) Lewiston, Nez Perce County