The Lewiston Gates are three remaining stone towers that once led into the Lewiston Orchards. Lewiston-Sweetwater Irrigation Company built the gates in 1909. The founders of the company planned to develop a garden spot on 9,000 acres of arid land south of Lewiston by bringing water from nearby mountains. Today thousands of Lewiston residents pass through the city gates on 8th street on their way to work or to homes in the Lewiston Orchards. Two of the gates stand on property cared for by the Modie Park Conservancy.
Lewiston Orchard Gates Lewiston, Nez Perce County
Modie Park Conservancy, Lewiston Orchards, Lewiston, Idaho 83501 View Google map