The Lewis-Clark Center for Arts and History is located in downtown Lewiston. The building, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1884 as a general mercantile store. It housed the First National Bank of Lewiston from 1900 until 1946 when First Security Bank of Idaho purchased the building. The bank building was given to the Lewis-Clark College Foundation in 1991 to be used as a cultural center. It is the permanent home of an exquisitely renovated Chinese alter from Lewiston’s Beuk Aie Temple.
Lewis-Clark Center for Arts & History Lewiston, Nez Perce County
Grants: 1992, two in 1993, 2011 (Beuk Aie Temple), 2015, 2016