The old Community Presbyterian Church is Post Falls’ oldest church building and is one of the oldest church buildings in Northern Idaho. The old church is comprised of two early Post Falls churches, the Methodist Episcopal (1890) and the Presbyterian (1899). These churches were moved from their respective locations in 1921 and unified as a consolidated church at the corner of Church 4th and William Streets. The Church was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
The former Methodist Episcopal Church was constructed in 1890 according to “Church Extension Plan #51” one of several architectural plans adopted by the board of Church Extension of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The Church contains many of the elements of the Gothic Revival style, including Gothic-arched windows; gable roofs with pierced aprons and eves brackets, a bell town rising from ground level at the intersection of the nave and transept-like Sunday School wing, topped by a lofty steeple; wooden corner buttresses and colored leaded glass.
The former First Presbyterian Church was constructed in 1899. It was an L-plan building of wooden frame construction. The exterior was finished with horizontal siding and vertical corner boards. The four-light windows arrayed along the length of the sanctuary were divided by muntins arranged in the form of a Latin cross.