In August of 1922 the mill at Laclede burned. The owner, A. C. White, purchased the closed Dover mill and moved his summer home and the homes of his 50 employees. The buildings were moved to the Pend d’Orielle River where they were loaded onto barges and floated to Dover. Mr. White’s summer home arrived in three pieces and assembled to make a church building. A.F. White, brother to A. C. White, was the first pastor. Cedar bark covers most of the exterior of the building as a rustic reminder of its history. The former Nelson home became the community hall.
WATCH A VIDEO & LEARN MORE:
Watch a video about the Dover Community Church