In 1917, Henry Huseby who sat on the School Board for District #75 deeded his property to the school district for a schoolhouse. In 1920, the Indian Springs Schoolhouse was constructed and used for 29 years. Since 1949, the schoolhouse has been used as a Community Hall for local 4H clubs, community potlucks, dances, Easter egg hunts, and many other community events. The property and the schoolhouse have now been reverse deeded back to a non-profit organization serving as board for the Community Club.
Indian Springs Schoolhouse St. Maries, Benewah County