Known locally as the Luby Bay Cabin, the building was constructed of western larch logs in 1935 by the Civilian Conservation Corps. It served as the U.S. Forest Service Ranger’s home and office until around 1960 when it became employee housing until 1988. The Priest Lake Museum Association manages the building through an agreement with the Panhandle National Forest.
The Museum houses historic exhibits and videos of interviews with Priest Lake pioneers. The Museum’s collection consists of artifacts, documents and photographs ranging from native plants and animals, Native American settlements, trapping, logging, silent movie productions, Civilian Conservation Corp activities, fire fighting, internment camps and recreational uses.