The Albion State Normal School was established by the Idaho legislature in 1893 as one of two normal schools in the state. The community of Albion donated the land and labor for the new campus. The school remained troubled by a low enrollment and a lack of funding and was closed by the state in 1951. The school was deeded to the City of Albion in 1970 and finally the empty grounds and deteriorating property was sold at public auction to a private business. The buildings, with the exception of those housing the Normal School Museum and the Albion Senior Center, are being rehabilitated as a conference and retreat center, “Campus Grove at Albion.” The campus is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Albion Normal School Albion, Cassia County
Location: Albion State Normal School Campus, Albion, Idaho 83311