Wilson Theater (Renaissance Arts Center)
Wilson Theater (Renaissance Arts Center)
Daniel Ward Wilson built the Wilson Building and Theatre in 1919-20 for $75,000. The doors to the building opened in August of 1920. The theater was equipped with a new gold screen that could be used with the latest projectors, although the building was originally designed for vaudeville, silent movies, high school graduations, dance recitals, church events and public meetings. The City of Rupert purchased the building in 1999 and the Renaissance Arts Center group began the restoration of the theater to its 1920s glory. It is in the National Register of Historic Places.
Wilson Theater (Renaissance Arts Center)

Wilson Theater (Renaissance Arts Center)
Rupert, Minidoka County

  • Grants: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006 Glenn Janss Award, 2007, 2009, 2015

Location: 610 Fremont, Rupert, Idaho 83350

View Google map

 


close window