The Wood River Center Grange Number 87 is located four miles north and three and a half miles west of Shoshone. The Grange was chartered by January of 1912. According to a journal kept by Mrs. H.A. Sandy, Grange members voted to build a meeting hall for an estimated cost of $411. The Memorial Hall, was dedicated in 1946 in memory of two local men who gave their lives in World War II.