In 1872 Lorenzo Hill Hatch built his elegant stone house in the Greek Revival style. He was the town’s temporal and spiritual leader from 1863-1875. He served as the second Mormon bishop and first mayor of the town of Franklin. Members of the Bishop’s family occupied the house until the 1940s. The Idaho State Historical Society now owns the building.