The church was organized in 1892 and the building was completed in 1895. The property was donated by Captain John Cowman. At that time Union Pacific had plans to build a roundhouse in the area. When these plans were changed the rock was donated to the church project. The dressed rock was valued at $1000 at the time. The lava rock church is in the National Register of Historic Places.
First Presbyterian Church Soda Springs, Caribou County