The original Payette Christian Church was built in 1899 on the corner of Ninth Street and 2nd Avenue North. The congregation grew quickly and in 1914 it was decided that a new and larger church needed to be built. In order to keep church services going the congregation picked up the wooden structure and moved it to the middle of 2nd Avenue while the current church was constructed. It was dedicated on December 31, 1916.
The church has served this community through it's history for almost 100 years. Today the church serves over 700 families per month with their food bank and monthly hot meal program.