Union Pacific Railroad built the Weiser Depot in 1907. Union Pacific donated the Depot to the City of Weiser in 1987. The town of Weiser was first settled in 1863 as a stage stop. In 1879 it was named the county seat of the newly created Washington County. In the fall of 1883 the Oregon Short Line Railroad was completed to a point about a miles and a half south of the present railroad station. Passengers were transferred by stagecoach. In May of 1890 Weiser was almost completely destroyed by fire, and the business district was rebuilt closer to the railroad station where it now sits at the confluence of the Snake and Weiser Rivers.
Weiser Depot Weiser & Surrounding Area, Washington County