Old Mission State Park – Cataldo

This striking Greek Revival style church was designed by Jesuit priest Anthony Ravalli and built by Coeur d’Alene Indians in 1850-1853. The Mission of the Sacred Heart to the Coeur d’Alene was a thriving agricultural village, mission and way station for travelers across the Mullan Road for more than a quarter century.  It is the oldest building in Idaho.