Campbell’s Ferry

Located on the Main Fork of the Salmon River, Campbell’s Ferry was first settled by a Scottish immigrant by the name of William Campbell in 1897. When gold was discovered by the Caswell brothers at Thunder Mountain, about 50 miles to the South of Campbell’s Ferry, William Campbell built a ferry to cross the river.

This video tells the story of the people who came to live at Campbell’s Ferry and of the evolution of this area of Idaho to what it is today.

Runs 10 minutes.