In 1928, Mrs. John Lloyd suggested that the Oden community should have a central gathering point. She presented her idea to a recently formed group of local women, the Oden Busy Bees. Matt Schmidt donated the land for the building. Others donated lumber and construction materials. Volunteers provided the labor. Despite the Great Depression, Oden Hall was completed in 1931 and is still used as a community hall by many of the same families.
Here are some of their stories.