A fabulous partnership between the Norstebon family, the Idaho Heritage Trust, the Idaho Chapter of the Oregon-California Trial Association, and the Bureau of Land Management – another historic site saved for our future generations!
Check out this story on KTVB.com: http://on.ktvb.com/1Mlldt2
This striking Greek Revival style church was designed by Jesuit priest Anthony Ravalli and built by Coeur d’Alene Indians in 1850-1853. The Mission of the Sacred Heart to the Coeur d’Alene was a thriving agricultural village, mission and way station for travelers across the Mullan Road for more than a quarter century. It is the oldest building in Idaho.